Polish Sausage Potato Soup
I was lucky to figure at an area that helped the destitute. i feel that, as humans, it is important that we tend to facilitate others out that can not help themselves. sadly, currently the majority area unit solely searching for themselves that is extremely unhappy.
I worked at a non-profit church that provided facilitate for convalescent addicts and other people WHO were homeless. I done meals for these folks and enjoyed change of state for them. Most of those folks did not have an area to own a hot meal. I served many folks each day and a few of the folks were terribly appreciative of the food and would usually come back and impart United States for providing a decent, hot meal. I wished them to eat well, however generally the boss withheld sure food from them, and that i felt that was wrong.
We had received steaks for donation once, and therefore the boss set the workers would eat the steaks and therefore the shelter of us would have potato soup. Potato soup was the weekday meal served with a sandwich and dish. Since we tend to had to serve such a big amount of folks, we tend to had to repair a very fast version of the soup to own enough for everybody. i'd wish to share my version of that direction.
- 4 to five potatoes
- 1 pound polish sausage (ham if you like ham)
- 1 to two cups instant potato spuds
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup cream
- 1 onion
- 2 to three stalks celery
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp chives
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- Salt and white pepper
- Peel the potatoes and remove chunks and wash.
- place the potatoes into a cooking pan and add the milk and cream and many of butter.
- Salt and pepper the milk potato mixture.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and celery and sauté during a frying pan till tender.
- Add the onion and celery to the potato mixture and stir.
- slash the polish sausage into one in. chunks and raise soup.
- Season the soup with the thyme and chives.
- Some folks like mistreatment flour as a stuff for his or her potato soup; we tend to used boxed instant potatoes to thicken our soup as a result of we tend to had most of it.
- One cup is perhaps enough however add additional if it's too skinny.
- If you've got an excessive amount of instant potato in it, simply skinny it out with additional milk.
- Stir the soup mixture along till you reach the specified consistency you would like to create.
- high soup with parsley and serve with a sandwich.